Last night was the first #socscichatnz where we discussed Social Sciences teaching and learning in NZ. The first session was pretty much a general chat, moderated by Mary Robinson we answered these questions:
- What do you love about teaching Social Sciences? (With a 1. What topics do you like to cover?)
- What frustrations are there with teaching Social Sciences? How do we overcome these?
- What’s the value in teaching Social Sciences in schools?
- What skills and content are key to teaching Social Sciences?
- Share a great Social Sciences lesson you have taught this year
Here’s a storify of highlights from the chat.
These chats are running Monthly 8.30pm on the 3rd Sunday of the month. This means the next chat will be on November 16th at 8.30pm. Some ideas were gathered at the end of last night’s chat for the next topic so a poll will probably come out before then through @socscichatnz.